Teen Paranormal Romance Covers
So on my weekly trip to Barnes and Noble last night, I spent a considerable amount of time in the TPR section. Yes, you read that right, there’s actually enough vampire, werewolf, ghost, fairy, troll, and angel teen romance books to warrant its own section. But I digress. I did a bit of visual research while I was there and noticed a growing trend in that genre’s book covers (I’d estimate 80% of those there), and came up with a recipe for success.
1. Create a dark background.
2. Add fancy looking text in bright colors or white.
3. Add an angsty-looking female teen’s face and/or face and upperbody.
4. Make sure said angsty teen’s lips are pouty, slightly agape, and her eyes look as if they are dead.
5. Add something red, no matter how small or insignificant.
And that, my friends, is the recipe for a successful Teen Paranormal Romance cover.